Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I have been bitten!

For several months, I tried to not give in to the whole Twilight phenomenon. Especially since the author, Stephanie Meyer is based here in Cave Creek, just a few minutes from my home here in Phoenix. It seems to me to be another ‘tween’ fad that wouldn’t really be interesting to a 27 year old. However, I saw a small clip of the baseball scene while flipping through Pay Per View on TV and saw that is actually could be pretty darn good. So I figured I would read the book first and then finally watch the movie since books tend to be different, sometimes better than the movie. I found that for a fact when House of Sand and Fog came out as a movie. Such a disappointment compared to the book.

I purchased the first book from CostCo Friday and so far read about 200 pages while waiting for my car to get an oil change at the dealership. I must admit, it’s pretty darn good. I just need to find time to squeeze in some more reading. Maybe this weekend while the boyfriend is out of town.

I checked out Etsy and found a lot of people have been inspired by the movie. Check out a few pretty cool finds:

Now this is a FIND! It’s is the actual bag Bella uses in the movie. Stitchandswash was contacted by a prop manager who purchased the Feather Bag from a boutique in Seattle and needed a second bag . Stitchandswash stayed up all night and made a second one and shipped it straight to the prop manager…AND BAM! It became one of Bella’s main totes in the movie.


It is an adorable brown leather bag handmade with a aqua peacock feather which is my favorite touch. Be sure to snatch one for yourself – but please allow 5-6 weeks for your very own piece of the phenomenon. Hmm...my birthday is coming up in October, this may be a must on my wish list. It is always great to see an Etsy seller do so well! Congrats! Check out the Etsy page at stitchandswash.etsy.com


I have always been a fan of charm bracelets. I think they are adorable and so fun to wear and collect. Foreverandaday created a Twilight inspired charm bracelet with a wolf, truck, music note, apple etc. It is super cute and would be cute present for the young fan you know.


Check out the Etsy page at foreverandaday.etsy.com


And finally I found this unique idea for a Twilight inspired stuff art doll by KreepyKids. Each doll is made out of 100% cotton that is washable and perfect for older children and adult that features the characters from the book/movie.



As a bonus, 10% of the proceeds goes to animal charities. Love it! Check out more creepy dolls at www.kreepykids.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment