Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodbye Michael Jackson

The news was heard around the world today. The sudden and shocking death of Michael Jackson at age 50. As a child of the 80's, Michael's music defined our generation. My mom would tell me that when I was around 2 or 3 she would put on Thriller and I would dance and dance like no other. His music and videos were like no other in the world. He broke down walls and paved the way for new music artists. I don't think there is a single music artist that can't trace their roots back to the King Of Pop.

Of course his death didn't hit me as hard as when I got in my car to leave work and after speaking to my mom in California, all the radio stations in Phoenix were to play his songs. By the time I got home I sat in my car and cried. It is not until you hear those songs until you realize how much this man brought to the world. There are so many that you just know the lyrics to without really even knowing you do. One of my favorites growing up was smooth criminal and the video was earth shattering with the famous lean in the pure white suit and hat.

Recently I became a fan of P.Y.T after watching the dance group Jabbawockeez on America's Best Dance Crew in tribute to the 25th anniversary of Thriller. The dance they did really changed my mind on the song and it is one of the top on my play list.



There are so many things I can say about the man behind the music, but sometimes you just have to let the music speak for itself. I know he had some trouble in the past, but we all have our demons. As Tupac once said "Measure a man by his actions fully from beginning to end."

Rest in Peace Michael. May your music live on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment