Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sake it to me

I was a good friend’s birthday party a while back when I noticed a beautiful blue bottle of SakeOne Moonstone Plum Sake. Typically I have seen sake in those short stubby bottles, but this one had an absolutely beautiful blue glass with a swirling bright pink pattern across the base. The colors together where so striking. I asked our friend who was hosting the party if I could have an empty bottle. Happily she gave me one before I left. (Pictured to the far right)

A few weeks later our friends returned from their honeymoon in Italy and brought me back a particular shirt you can only find in Italy. As a thank you to the hostest who gave me a bottle, I painted the Moonstone swirl design on one of my large latte mug.


I kept the background white and used a deep cobalt blue on the inside and used jet black for the swirl pattern. It came out very cute and I heard she knew what the design was from the minute she saw it.

I like to find designs and colors in things that you may not see on a mug that make it more unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment