Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kiss Me Goodbye

I have always loved the picture caught by Alfred Eisendtaedt in Times Square on August 14, 1945 of an unknown sailor kissing a nurse. I always thought it was so romantic how the celebration of the war ending caught this sailor in the moment of planting a smooch on a nurse who just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I wanted to do something with the image on my pottery. I started to sketch the outline of the couple on a large square plate and I loved how it came out.

I painted a bright red border and left his sailor hat peaking out the top. I added a thin black stripe on the inside rim and that was it! It came out perfect.

I also made a matching tall latte mug with a bright red center.


The mug has already found a happy home, but the plate is still up for grabs on my Etsy page so don’t miss out!

http://www.thepaintinglibra.etsy.com/

If you like this design, I can always make you a custom one with the colors of your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment