Monday, April 6, 2009

Going Back to Cali.....

This Saturday I was out and about with the boyfriend looking at homes for sale. It was one of those rare days out here in Phoenix where it was blue skies and cool breezes. It reminded me of those days back in Southern California where I grew up. Days like this make we want to go down to the beach and enjoy the rays. Here are a few things I found off Etsy.com that make me feel at home:

Check out this cute silver CALIFORNIA NECKLACE from MyLavaliere has a vintage peach enameled flower and lucite leaf detail. It even has stars for Los Angeles and Sacramento.
The flower details reminds me of California Poppies, the state flower. For $20 you can’t beat it! Check out more of MyLavaliere items at www.mylavaliere.etsy.com

I have been searching for cute California style art to decorate in my apartment for almost a year now. This cute BEACH BUM sign from Kelsyhenke has photograph letters arranged and mounted onto thin wood with a black beveled edge.

It measures 20” x 6” and is ready to frame. I love the bold colors! Check out more adorable letter style art at http://www.kelsyhenke.etsy.com/.

This year seems to be the year of babies! Tons of people I know are sprouting kids like weeds! Socalbabyshop has the cutest local style baby items. I love this I LOVE SO CAL baby oneise that comes in 6 months to 18 months.

If you know a little toddler in your life that needs to rock the SoCal love, it comes in t shirt style from 2T & 4T. Check out more fun stuff at http://www.socalbabyshop.etsy.com/

When I was around 8 or 10 years old, my grandparents took me on a road trip up to northern California to visit family. On the way up there we saw hills along the road full of beautiful yellow, orange and gold poppies. It was the most beautiful sight. We pulled over to the side of the road and my grandmother took tons of photos. When we returned home after the trip to develop the film, my grandmother realized she never put film in the camera! Oh the days before digital cameras. We still joke about that time around family holidays.


Well Alexandraferguson has a wonderful CALIFORNIA POPPIES recycled felt appliqué pillow made from recycled water bottles pillow that can’t be missed either. This adorable 18” x 18” zipper throw pillow would look adorable on anyone’s bed or sofa. Maybe it would make a nice gift for my grandmother’s birthday, just a fun to remind her of our trip. Check out more cute items at http://www.alexandraferguson.etsy.com/

There is a song by the band Modest Mouse called ‘Float On' that reminds me of Mission Bay in San Diego. I don’t know why, but I listen to that song, I feel like I am back there on the beach eating a slice of homemade pizza from a local eatery with the sun and cool breezes on my face. Why did I move to Phoenix again?
This photo by TravelBugPhoto called THE CALIFORNIA DREAM takes me right back to that spot. This photo makes people who live back East in the snow jealous in a second flat. For only $40 for a 16” x 20” photo, this makes a great deal for any house warming gift. Check out more items at www.travelbugphoto.etsy.com
The moral of story is you always think back to the place you grew up. You never know how much you will miss it until you leave. I heart you So Cal!




No comments:

Post a Comment